Sunday, June 22, 2008

One Local Summer Update - Week 3

Yummy week. Here are the meals that were local:
  • CSA radish (and non-local tuna) salad with CSA lettuce
  • homemade corn tortillas with local eggs, salsa and CSA lettuce
  • Sauteed bok choi & honey baked beans (CSA bok choi, onion, garlic & beans, local honey)
  • Asian Tofu & Greens Stir-Fry (CSA mizuna, Yukina, onion & garlic, local tofu)
Here is a great recipe site for Asian greens. I plan to blanch and freeze the remaining greens in this share. I hope to freeze 2-3 "bunches" of greens per week/share to ensure greens in the winter. Oh, how we missed our greens!

I am really loving the lettuce and we haven't even had our standard tofu lettuce wraps or Puree of Spring Greens Soup yet! I pick up our next share on Thursday, the day the boys leave for Iowa. Mae and I leave on Saturday, so I plan to blanch and freeze all greens possible, keeping just some spinach and/or lettuce for me for the 2 remaining days. It's funny: I have one more ziplock of soup in the freezer. Will it be gone before the first of the greens go in?

No comments: